Monday, March 06, 2006

"Death becomes you", said Mary Cleophas - II

What a splitting headache!

When I woke up, I had no idea where I was. I sure as hell wasn't in my own bed. Just didn't feel like it. It was totally dark, and I gave my eyes some time to get used to it. Wherever I was, I was well looked after. I'd never slept in such a huge bed in my life before.

And then I saw them. There were three naked women standing a few feet away from the bed. They were standing, posing like for a photoshoot, and they weren't moving at all. But they looked weird, unreal. They were really not moving at all, as if they were the expecting the guy with the camera to turn up and say, "Boo! Now didn't I tell you not to move!"

There was little else in the room, as far as I could tell. "Who are you?" I addressed, in the general direction of the three naked women. But they didn't even bother to turn their heads.

"You dickhead," I said to myself, as my vision had gotten used to the darkness, "Can't you see, they're not women. They're fucking mannikins. Go touch them to make sure."

And then, slowly, I remembered the horrors of what happened earlier in the day. I wasn't dreaming after all...

3 Comments:

Blogger Inkblot said...

gets better. more please!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Ditto

5:54 AM  
Blogger EATING POETRY said...

This is so much fun, the links you have from your other blog; the abduction... a real live blog mystery.

This is a riveting piece... like awakening from a nightmare, exactly as you describe it.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home