Thursday, March 02, 2006

"Death becomes you", said Mary Cleophas

I was right, after all. Foretelling doom was never really my past-time, but this once, I got it right.

It all started rather innocuously. I was in a campus. What was I doing in a campus ten years after I left college? I don't know. It was fate that had a hand in it, if you ask me. At least, it's supposed to be a campus, but it looked more like a park - lawns with neatly clipped grass, bits of shrubs and woods. I had come for a meeting and had about half-an-hour to spare. So I decided to just look around. I passed by seven or eight girls playing football, and took a narrow path that didn't seem to lead anywhere.

I was curious. This was path was lined with hedges and the occasional evergreen, not too well kept, it seemed from their appearance. I had walked for about six or seven minutes. It was quiet all around me. The sound of girls playing football had well faded in the distance. Suddenly, as I turned round the corner where the path took a sharp left, I saw a girl in translucent white sitting under a tree.

It takes a split second to register the following - there's a narrow path, there's no one around, there's a girl sitting under a tree, she's wearing translucent white, and she's all alone.

As I came closer, I noticed her eyes. Well, first her breasts, I dare admit, and then her eyes. Her eyes were a colour of autumn leaves. As I walked towards her, she followed me with her gaze. But she had a vague and lost expression, as if merely registering the fact that I was there. "Is she high?" I thought.

I stood in front of her. She was very beautiful indeed. Straight black hair, with auburn streaks, that came down to her shoulders. Suddenly, I had an evil thought...

2 Comments:

Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

totally confused. nothing new in that but please explain?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Evil? Define evil.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home